President Barack Obama arrived in Utah yesterday for a visit. The president's first order of business? A meetup with LDS Church leaders. Interestingly, wethink, President Monson was a "no-show":
- President Obama arrives in Utah, meets with LDS Church leaders
- Obama meets with Mormon church leaders, Gov. Herbert during Utah trip.
Although the president's itinery demonstrates he won't be rubbing elbows with Utah politicos of the Republican party persuasion (for the most part,) the President did devote a few minutes yesterday to schmoozing with local leaders of his own political party:
|Obama arrives in Utah|
An additional Hat-tip to the fine folks at UtahPolicy.Com, for helping us round this stuff up.
Updates 4/3/15: As promised, we'll just keep adding updates as subsequent stories roll in:
- What Pres. Obama and Gov. Herbert talked about in motorcade to SLC - Fox 13 News
- Using Utah stage, Obama set to announce solar power initiatives - SLTrib
- Obama Meets With Mormon Leaders To Discuss Immigration Reform In Utah - Huffington Post
- Obama speaks at Hill about new clean energy initiative - Standard-Examiner
- Obama touts solar initiative, thanks Mormon leaders for LGBT law SLTrib
- President Obama announces Hill Air Force base will participate in solar energy training program - Good4Utah
- Obama praises Hill's progress in renewable energy - Standard-Examiner
- A Presidential Visit Prompts a Reporter to Put His Boots On - City Weekly
- Obama’s talk with Mormon leaders is latest in long string of closed-off meetings, media group says - SLTrib