Via Utah Policy, there's bad news for fans Utah health care reform this morning, folks, as these various Northern Utah media sources report that Governor Herbert's Health Utah medicaid expansion plan is likely dead in the water:
- The Utah Senate passes the Healthy Utah plan, but House leaders say the plan is dead [Utah Policy, Tribune, Deseret News].
- Sen. Majority Leader Ralph Okerlund says there's a good chance the 2015 session will end without lawmakers taking action on Medicaid expansion [Utah Policy].
Once again... The Trib's Pat Bagley "nails it":
Update 2/27/15 8:30 a.m.: Just like clockwork, House speaker Hughes is receiving serious blowback from our highly disappointed Governor Herbert, who's spent the past year and a half nailing down federal concessions to craft his Healthy Utah Plan:
- Gov. Herbert criticizes House decision on Medicaid plan
- Fight over Healthy Utah raises tension between Gov. Gary Herbert and House Speaker Greg Hughes
- Gov. Herbert increases pressure on House to hear Healthy Utah
- Amid disbelief, frustration, supporters of Healthy Utah try to revive plan
In that connection, here's an online petion for those WCF readers who'd like to roll up their sleeves. engage in active citizen action and throw in their own 2¢: