Wednesday, November 09, 2005

This Morning's Std-Ex Election Story

As I walked across the municipal building parking lot around 10:20 last night after the final votes came in, the Standard-Examiner's John Wright sprinted by me at top speed, looked over his shoulder and yelled, "Drop dead deadline!"

He obviously filed his story late; and it thus failed to make the Std-Ex's website this morning.

For the benefit of our out-of-town readers, I'm providing John's story, which I've manually entered from the hard-copy edition.

Here's John Wright's take on yesterday's election results.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If John Wright was sprinting, he must've only missed his deadline by a hair. You'd think for something this important, his paper could've given him a few extra minutes. As it is, the Standard website's "cover" headline and photo today are beyond idiotic. LAYTON'S race? I don't think so ...

Anonymous said...

If memory serves me correct, there's a councilperson elect who has a little experience in the newspaper business. I'm sure there will be a fine, professional relationship between the Council and the newspaper, one that upholds the standards of both.

Things will be interesting as the "Foursome" (those of last night's "clean sweep") begins to set things in order. My thought is that they've already started.

Ogden's future has never been brighter.

ARCritic said...

Actually the standard story about the Layton election had the Ogden story side by side with it. Try copying this link to your browser.

http://www.standard.net/xx.php/67913/?printable=story

I still use the old edition because the new one does not work with Netscape's browser and I refuse to use MS Explorer.

That was the weirdest way to post a story I have ever seen.

ARCritic said...

I also thought this part from the article was very telling.

Jorgenson, who was seeking his second term, said he feels both Godfrey’s administration and the City Council have failed to successfully communicate their message.

I guess that is why they needed that PR person the council recently hired.

© 2005 - 2014 Weber County Forum™ -- All Rights Reserved