Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Tonight's Election Results

As our gentle readers will recall, we ran a real-time election results update the evening of last month's primary election, with Bill Glasmann graciously calling-in results from the Ogden council chambers as the vote tallies arrived from the counting room and were added to the council chamber tote-board.

I've received several queries today about this, from readers who wanted to know whether I'm planning to do the same tonight.

Although it was fun monitoring last month's vote count, and the experimental "project" generated lots of traffic here, I regret to announce that I'll be down in the council chambers myself tonight instead. I'll be sharing the excitement with all the council candidates, and will try to do some interviews, which I intend to post here later.

As an alternative, I'm posting a link to the Ogden City's own website, which is being set up to provide the very most current information. I'm told it will be updated straight from the counting room, and will thus eliminate the short "lag" that occured last time, when the tally was transmitted from the counting room, to the council chamber, and to me, through Bill Glasmann's cell phone.

Here's a link to the Ogden City Website. I hope it all works out. I just installed it and checked it out. It's refreshing away automatically, and seems to be working just fine, so far. It's VERY COOL, I think. Readers with low resolution video settings might want to view it their browser's full-screen mode. Kudos to the folks in the Ogden City IP department.

I'm also adding this link to the candidate information module in the right sidebar.

I'm further informed that you can monitor the results on Ogden City's Channel 17.

Don't hesitate to chime in here, as the final vote comes in.

8 comments:

Lancer said...

The Good in Ogden will also be having regular updates. (That's http://thegoodinogden.blogspot.com)

Christian Prophet said...

The Holy Spirit did not give us any Utah election results in advance. We do occassionally hear a Jazz score beforehand.

RudiZink said...

Lancer, Lancer, Lancer.

Didn't mommy teach you nuthin?

You're supposed to ask permission before you post a link to your own blog on somenody else's.

Tsk, tsk, tsk...

Former Centerville Citizen said...

Well then Rudi, shame on me also. Although I haven't done it for a while.

Lancer said...

TECHNICALLY, it's not MY blog, but to show I do have some scruples, I'll resist the temptation to post that address now.
It's a first time offense...
Besides, my momma don't know 'nuff 'bout the Internet to tell me this kinda stuff. ;)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations candidates -
Bill Glasmann
Dorrene Jeske
Jesse Garcia
and Doug Stephens

This should shake the Gang of Six to the roots. (Actually, I guess it means demolishing it.) You have my support in battling faith-based (pray for money), white elephant initiatives, and the ruthless use of emminent domain for fun and profit. Please bring some sanity into our city's governance.

To Wicks and Garcia, thanks for battling the Gang of Six as much as you could during your last term. You now have a huge stamp of approval on your efforts.

Anonymous said...

It is 11:11 p.m.
I have just called the Ogden City Recorder to see if the figures on the website are the unofficial final numbers and she says yes except for provisionals and absentees.
This is an overwhelming victory for all of us who have worked for two years standing up to the Matthew Godfrey City Administration. That administration refused to listen to the voice of reason on so many issues.
Thanks to all of you who have worked so hard over the last two years to stand up to the Godfrey bunch and work for change.
The present incumbents should think long and hard over the vote they will cast on the 22nd on the Rec Center.
The vote tonight shows that Ogden voters are fed up with the present thinking of the Godfrey administration.
The incumbents should not leave the legacy of a financial crisis for the new council members to try to solve.
The vote for the Rec Center on the 22nd should be a resounding "NO".

Anonymous said...

sI think I'll get out my old Beatles White Album and play "Revolution #9." Seems somehow appropriate.

The people have spoken and the City of Ogden is in for one GREAT RIDE! Hang on, for change is coming our way. THE "QUESTION OF BALANCE" has been answered and "Ogden Will Shine Tonight, Ogden Will Shine!"

Semper Fi!

© 2005 - 2014 Weber County Forum™ -- All Rights Reserved