Monday, January 10, 2011

Jeff Lowe's "Metanoia" - A Documentary Narrated by Jon Krakauer

"Metanoia" film production fund-raiser: We have 52 days to help Jeff share this story with the world

By Amy Wicks

I donated to Jeff Lowe's new project.

I like the project and like the funding mechanism - no money charged until they reach their goal.

Here's a brief introductory video:

And here's a link to their website, where you can pledge your own donation:
It's a far better and more lasting tribute to Ogden's Jeff Lowe than a downtown ice tower could ever be.

Jeff Lowe is part of what makes my Ogden awesome. He's a living legend, an inspiration to me and countless others and an all around nice guy. He's trying to raise funds to help finish an amazing documentary. I've helped, will you? It's super easy and your payment does not go through until the goal is reached by the deadline. We have 52 days to help Jeff share this story with the world. Let's make this happen.

4 comments:

ice tower? said...

You just had to mention the ice tower.

Bob Becker said...

Looks like an interesting film, and the clip told me more about Mr. Lowe than I [not a climber] had known. I hope they raise the money to finish it.

Frank said...

The Lowe guy sounds like some one Ogden can be proud of and I wish him the best, but I hope the finished film, if it ever gets finished, is more interesting than this dreadfully boring promotional piece they have put together.

Bee in my Bonnet said...

we are all so happy Ms Wicks has donated to the project. We are also glad that 245 other folks have donated - some more than others, but hey -- it is the intent of their hearts and not the amount or names that count.

Jeff Lowe and the entire Lowe family is part of what makes OUR Ogden awesome.

"That thine alms [donations] may be in secret: and thy Father [or higher power] which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly. (Matthew 6:4)"

Post a Comment

© 2005 - 2014 Weber County Forum™ -- All Rights Reserved