In the USA, a nation that's simultaneously suffering the ill economic effects of...
In the midst of this continuing story of the economic downfall of America, we get this glorious report from "The Sun," one of the United Kingdom's great scandal sheets:
Sheikh flies Lamborghini 6,500 miles to Britain for oil change
This story is really great! Here are a few excepts:
• The £190,000 supercar was put on a scheduled flight from Qatar to Heathrow – then flown BACK after the oil check.Click image to enlarge:
• Money was no object as the flight would have cost the owner – thought to be a Sheikh – around £20,000.
• The move sparked fury from green campaigners.
• An airport worker said: “This car doesn’t have a carbon footprint – more of a crater.”
• The overall cost of sending the Lamborghini to London for the oil change would have cost more than £23,000.
• His black-and-gold supercar costs £3,552 to service at an approved dealer – on top of the £20,000 to freight from Qatar to Britain.
• A cargo handler at Heathrow blasted the car’s environmental damage. He said: “It would have been far more efficient to fly mechanics out there.”